Wednesday, July 31, 2013

First Official Pregnancy Post

I am quite a few weeks behind on these, but I want to start them before I start forgetting everything!!

July 15, 2013


This was our social media announcement of our pregnancy on July 15. Our last name was not blacked out in the photograph. :)

Weeks 1-12 (First Trimester):
My first trimester was surprisingly pretty easy. I thankfully only got sick around two to three times because of some scents. I experienced some nausea as well. We found out we were expecting on May 4, 2013 (two days before my 24th birthday!!). What a nice little birthday surprise! We had our first doctor's appointment on May 24th at seven and a half weeks. We received some great little pictures and saw a strong heartbeat of 146bpm. We told our families on Memorial Day (May 27).  We had another appointment in June that went great, we heard the heartbeat, but they were not able to count it. We were able to visit DL's grandparents in Maryland over the fourth of July and tell them the exciting news in person. We made our official announcement on July 15 at almost 15 weeks. That pretty much wraps up my first trimester. I did not gain any weight and there were no "bump" pictures worth posting because there was no change.

Weeks 13-present (Second Trimester):
I am currently 17 weeks along! We had a doctor's appointment last Thursday and everything sounded great. The baby's heartbeat was in the 140's. We are finding out if baby G will be a boy or a girl in two weeks! We plan on having a gender reveal and we are excited about sharing the news with family and close friends together! We have decided we are going to find out at the appointment since that will be a special time for us and our first! I do not really have a strong feeling either way, so it will be a big surprise! I have been feeling great, but still tired at times. (I love taking some naps!) I officially gained my first pound when I went to the doctor last. I know baby G will be popping out any day now! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment