Friday, July 26, 2013

ChatterDays: Day 5 - Link Up

Day 5 (last day) link up with JennaBlogs.com.
  
Today's Topic:
What's your very favorite meal EVER? It can be home made, mom made, store bought, restaurant, etc. 

I do not have a favorite meal EVER so I will give ONE of my favorite meals. (There are way too many to choose from!) Restaurant wise, I really enjoy Japanese food! Yes, fried rice included, so healthy I know! I think a lot of me enjoys the dinner and a show aspect of eating Japanese. Take-out Japanese is definitely a favorite as well. However, there must be shrimp (yum yum) sauce with it!

Speaking of that sauce, funny story.... my husband and I were in Washington D.C. in 2009 and we decided we wanted some Japanese food. This was around lunch time and we had been walking all day. We were so excited that we decided we would walk over a mile out of our way toward China Town to get some! After walking and following our GPS on our phone we finally arrived. We gave our order and then asked for some shrimp sauce. Our waitress looked at us funny and we tried to explain what we meant... then very seriously and in an accent stated "Whaaat???? This is Japaneeeese." lol At the time I was hungry and really wanted some of that sauce, but we had a pretty good laugh about it and still use that phrase to this day.

Near our "favorite" Japanese place (ha!) -D.C. 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment