Thursday, July 25, 2013

ChatterDays: Day 4 - Link Up

I am linking up again with JennaBlogs.com for Day 4 of the commenting challenge.
  
Today's Topic:
It may be July, but who is thinking about Christmas gifts already? I know I am! Share some of your gift ideas for this upcoming Christmas season and/or share about the best gift you have received!

I love Christmas time! As far as gift ideas for this upcoming Christmas season... I have not started thinking that far ahead yet! Sometimes I think of things throughout the year that would be great gifts for others and hope I remember the closer it gets to Christmas. On the tail end of this question, I love to receive gifts. I know that statement seems a little selfish, but I have found it to be one of my top love languages. I should probably clarify and let you know that when I say l love to receive gifts.... that does not mean tons of expensive items. Haha! I suppose I felt weird saying that I like receiving gifts so just needed to clarify I just like being thought of regardless of the item. My husband is one of the best gift givers! He is always so sweet to pick me up something every once in a while like a chocolate milk, some chocolate when it has been a long week, or something he sees when he thinks of me. (I noticed a pattern with "chocolate" in that sentence!)



After thinking about it for a while, one of the best gifts I have ever received (besides wedding rings, jewelry, etc.) would probably be a gift my husband bought me on our first Valentine's Day together. We met in early 2008 so this would be February 2009. He was attending college in Virginia and I was attending college in Tennessee. We would try to see each other as much as possible on weekends. We always tried to schedule Tuesday/Thursday classes so one of us could drive the five hours it took to see each other. :) Thankfully, his parents lived in Tennessee so he came home quite a bit. He put a lot of miles on his car in those years. ;) Anyway, I happened to be visiting him in Virginia that weekend. He surprised me with the sweetest (shutter fly) picture book of our relationship! He had taken time to use pictures of us and write about what all we had done together up to that point in our relationship and wrote me the sweetest letter at the end. I think at that point, I thought I might keep him around for a while, he pretty much stole my heart at that second. Another little tradition is that he buys me a bear with the date on it every Valentine's Day. He has done is since the first one in 2009. This is a memory and gift I never want to forget. I wish I had pictures of it to add. Hopefully I will get around to taking some and adding them later.

No comments:

Post a Comment